Friday, October 22, 2010

"Must See" Horror Film #10

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1949) *Disney animated version*


In this animated short film we see the story of a new school master, Ichabod Crane, as he arrives in the town of Sleepy Hollow. This short version of the film is the most fun and interesting of all the different Sleepy Hollow tales. Bing Crosby narrates the film and provides wonderful melodic songs throughout. This was my most favorite Halloween movie as a young child and is still makes my list as a must see. It is very hard to find..... it's actually only for sale as a VHS tape these days. I've found a link to a copy on YouTube which I'll post here for everyone's enjoyment. I found my copy & purchased through Amazon and play it every year at this time. Please note there are two similar versions of this one *It is NOT the one titled The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1C520591dc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIHMyN5gJ_o&feature=related

2 comments:

  1. yes Yes YES lovd this movie as a kid. but it was SO SCAREY!! wunder if they have it on netflicxs.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately it's not available on Netflix..... so I decided to post the link to the youtube copy. It's such a shame that it's not available on DVD or to rent. I LOVE this one :)

    ReplyDelete